Important Information Before General
- You may not have anything to eat or drink (including water) for eight (8) hours prior to the appointment. Usually this will mean nothing after midnight. If you have been given preoperative steroids, sedatives, or antibiotics take them as instructed.
- No smoking at least 12 hours before surgery. Ideally, cut down or stop smoking as soon as possible prior to the day of surgery.
- A responsible adult must accompany the patient to the office, remain in the office during the procedure, and drive the patient home.
- The patient should not drive a vehicle or operate any machinery for 24 hours following the anesthesia experience.
- Please wear loose fitting clothing with sleeves which can be rolled up past the elbow, and low-heeled shoes.
- Contact lenses, jewelry, and dentures must be removed at the time of surgery.
- Do not wear lipstick or excessive makeup on the day of surgery.
- If you have an illness such as a cold, sore throat, stomach or bowel upset, please notify the office. If you are scheduled for general anesthesia you should not be ill, recently ill, or even think you may be coming down with something. Call and reschedule at any time.
- If you take routine oral medications, please check with Dr. Beaudry prior to your surgical date for instructions.